In celebration of the growing talent and diverse array of artists across the state, the Maryland Art Place (MAP) – in collaboration with the Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC) – is seeking artists for the 3rd Maryland State Artist Directory Triennial exhibition (2023).
Deadline: Saturday, April 15, 2023
Maintained by MAP, the Maryland Arts Directory originated as a regional resource conceived by MSAC. MAP has remained the responsible partner for the care of this critical resource for over 25 years. The Maryland Arts Directory is a free online platform that showcases the high-caliber, diverse, and relevant work of Maryland’s artists and arts organizations and promotes the vitality of Maryland’s arts communities.
Collectively MSAC and MAP aim to present a comprehensive survey of Maryland artists for the Triennial exhibition to be presented in the MAP gallery beginning Thursday, May 11 and closing Saturday, June 24, 2023. We are seeking visual/media, literary, and performing artists for this year’s exhibition roster.
2023 Jurors To Be Announced
Past Jurors include:
- Gamynne Guillotte (2016): Chief Education Officer at The Baltimore Museum of Art
- Dr. J. Susan Isaacs (2019, Visual Art Juror): Professor, Art History, Curator of the Dept of Art + Design, Art History, Art Education Galleries at Towson University
- Jeremy Stern (2019, Visual Art Juror): Former Exhibitions and Program Manager at the Creative Alliance, Baltimore
- Laure Drogoul (2019, Performance Art Juror): Interdisciplinary artist, Founder 14 Karat Cabaret, Co-organizer Transmodern Festival, Professor-Maryland Institute College of Art
- Ada Pinkston (2019, Performance Art Juror): Mixed Media Artist, Community Artist, Conceptual Artist, Arts Education Lecturer, Towson
- Hoesy Corona (2019, Performance Art Juror): Independent Curator & Multi-disciplinary artist
- Artists must be Maryland residents.
- Artists must have a personal or professional MSAC Arts Directory profile page on msac.org/directory. To create a profile click here. Applications without a link to a directory profile will not be considered.
- Artists must update their directory profile to include an updated bio, artist statement, and at least five artworks or samples based on their discipline area.
- Artists must practice in one of the following disciplines: visual/media, literary, and/or performing artists.
- No organizations may apply.
- Artist duos and groups are eligible to apply. The MSAC profile listed in the application should include all artwork for review. There is space in the application to include the duo or group name and any supporting applicants.
- IAA awardees and Roster Artists are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
- To create or update your MSAC profile, log in to the Arts Directory by clicking the button below. (Please note it takes between 2 to 3 business days to see your changes reflected on your profile.)
- After updating your profile, click on the Apply Here button below and complete the Google Form application. (Please update your profile in advance of submitting your application materials.)
- Please indicate if you’re applying to be considered for visual/media, literary, and/or performing artists by selecting one of the three options included on the application.
- You may apply for more than one of the categories but you must complete an application for each category if you wish to apply for more than one. Please update both artwork sections (film/video, audio, visual arts, etc.) on your MSAC profile for consideration for each category. *Each category is juried separately* There is NO fee to apply
For questions or to request a different format of the application, please contact [email protected] or call 443.889.0869.