this program supports organizational development for Maryland Arts & Entertainment Districts.
Support Period July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
Application Deadline and Grant Period
Eligible activities must begin or take place prior to July 1, 2020. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning August 16, 2019. The final deadline for FY2020 applications is April 1, 2020 at 5 pm.
The applicant must be designated as the management entity for a Maryland Arts & Entertainment District with no past due MSAC reports. Each Arts & Entertainment District may receive only one Technical Assistance grant per fiscal year. Grant Funds May Be Used For
• Fees for professional consultant/consulting firms providing technical assistance services in organizational development areas such a fundraising, marketing, public relations, strategic planning, etc.
• Professional development fees (e.g. conference/workshop registration fees for board and/or staff members)
• Facilitator fees associated with board and/or staff retreats
• Production of marketing materials Grant Funds May Not Be Used For
• Capital improvements or purchases of permanent equipment
• International conferences or travel out-of-state
• Artistic programs or activities
• Operational expenses Review Criteria Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Professional merit of the activity
• Significance of the activity for the organization
• Ability of the applicant to carry out the activity
• Financial feasibility of the proposed activity Funding Amount Arts & Entertainment Districts may request up to 50 percent of the cash expenses associated with the proposed technical assistance activity. Grant requests may be no less than $500 and no more than $2,500.
click HERE for more information