APPLY TO THIS CALL
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 10
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 10
Entry Fee (Emerging Vision, Biannual Student Show): $10.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $3.00
This show is your chance to demonstrate your talent and point of view. The work of photography students that are emerging into the art world is how we picture the future. The Colorado Photographic Arts Center is having an open themed call for entry for students. This call for entry is open to current undergraduate and graduate students in photography. All capture types, subject matter, and photographic processes are eligible to submit.
DEADLINES & INFORMATION
Applicant submission deadline: Friday, October 12, 2018
Application notifications sent: October 30, 2018
Exhibition dates: December 7, 2018 - January 5, 2019
Opening reception: Saturday, December 8, 2018 5-8pm
Exhibition juror: Hamidah Glasgow
Fees: $10 for 3 images / early bird discount $5 for 3 images (until September 28th); $3 each additional image
Hamidah Glasgow has been the Executive Director and Curator at The Center for Fine Art Photography in Fort Collins, Colorado since 2009. Hamidah holds a master’s degree in humanities with a specialization in visual and gender studies and a bachelor’s degree in philosophy. Hamidah’s contribution to photography has included curatorial projects, national portfolio reviews (FotoFest, Photolucida, Medium, Center, Filter, etc.), contributions to publications and online magazines and the co-hosting of regional conferences. Hamidah is also a co-founder of the Strange Fire Collective. This collective is dedicated to photo-based work that engages with current social and political forces, highlighting the work of women, people of color, and queer and trans artists, writers, and curators.
Entry is open to regional, national, and international artists, members and non-members of CPAC. All lens-based media are eligible, including but not limited to images made by film or video camera, scanner, screen-capture, digital camera, and any means of mobile photography.
Applicants must be current, undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at a post-secondary institution and not graduating before the end of the academic year 2018-2019. A copy of your current student schedule or student ID must be uploaded into Café or your entry will be disqualified or can be emailed to [email protected].
Please use the Call for Entry Media Prep for image upload guidelines. If you have any questions about the guideline please call 303-837-1341 or email [email protected]. Exhibition print sizes must be specified but there is no size limit, work will be hung with magnets. Exhibition sizes cannot be changed after acceptance. CPAC also understands that work may be presented in a non-traditional way that is integral to the art. Please contact us in advance if you feel your work fits into these criteria.
An Early Bird Coupon Code (EARLYBIRD) will be valid until September 28th. Make checks payable to “CPAC”; make credit card payments through Café.
Registration closes at midnight MST on Friday, October 12, 2018.
The gallery must receive artwork no later than Friday, November 30th. CPAC will charge a 40% sales commission.
ABOUT THE COLORADO PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTS CENTER
The Colorado Photographic Arts Center is dedicated to fostering the understanding and appreciation of excellent photography in all forms and concepts through exhibitions, education, and community outreach. Learn more at cpacphoto.org. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
LIABILITY & AGREEMENT
• Works will be insured while on the premises of CPAC. However, CPAC cannot be responsible for damage or loss during transit. CPAC retains the right to display and reproduce work accepted for this exhibition for publicity and promotional purposes.
• Exhibiting artists pay for round-trip shipping of their work. Please do not ship work with packaging ‘peanuts.’ Artists shipping work must use reusable packing materials.
• Everyone who submits will receive an email notification regarding submissions.
• Upon your acceptance, the work to be exhibited must be shipped or delivered. For this exhibition CPAC will be hanging prints with magnets. However, if the work is framed or the artist wishes to frame it must be ready-to-hang, and hardware needed for installation of the work, No saw-tooth hangers. The Gallery reserves the right to reject any work not printed or framed at a professional level. Please use white or off-white matt board only.
• Artists exhibiting, installation, or sculptural works beyond a two-dimensional format must provide the necessary hardware and equipment to exhibit the work in its intended form. Artists exhibiting, slide projection or video please contact CPAC about hardware.
• The gallery must receive framed artwork no later than Friday, November 30, 2018
• CPAC will charge a 40% sales commission on work sold.
• Your entry constitutes understanding and agreement with the conditions outlined in this prospectus.
• CPAC Entry Fees are non-refundable after the jury process begins
USE RIGHTS: Each artist retains all copyrights to their own images. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. By submission for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant The Colorado Photographic Arts Center the right to use their images for the purpose of promoting the artist, promoting CPAC’s programs, promoting exhibitions and subsequent display on CPAC’s website of current and past exhibitions. Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks for The Colorado Photographic Arts Center with artist credit. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from CPAC.
Information and entry form: www.cpacphoto.org