APPLY TO THIS CALL
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 12
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 12
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $10.00
International Juried Art Exhibition NYC
November 9, 2018 – December 15, 2018
This is an open call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn.
Mixed media is a term used to describe artworks composed from a combination of different media or materials.
This exhibition will reflect the ambitious, innovative and contemporary in mixed media today.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
Gracie Mansion is an independent art consultant, curator, and advisor to individuals, museums, and corporations. She was a pioneer in the East Village, opening up her first gallery in the bathroom of her apartment in 1982. She continued to exhibit contemporary art in her galleries in the East Village, SoHo, and Chelsea. Ms. Mansion also served on the art advisory committee for Artnet, The New School for Social and ArtTable. She is an author, lecturer and juror at educational institutions and museums worldwide.
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists.
CALL TO ARTISTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Call Announcement Date: August 1, 2018
Final Submission Deadline: September 17, 2018
Notification Letter Date: September 24, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: November 9 –December 15, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday November 9, 2018 from 6-9PM
ELIGIBILITY: This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in mixed media.
JURYING: Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges, are final.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES: Only original works may be submitted. The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image. A completed application consists of the following information and files: Name, contact information, Images, Text descriptors for each image must include Title, Year Completed, Medium & Dimensions All entries must be registered/received by midnight September 17, 2018 MSTAll entry fees are non-refundable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK:
1. Maximum Size: 72” X 60” X 12” D
2. All artwork (work) must be suitably framed to a professional standard. All framed work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Assemblage, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
3. Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No price or title changes are allowed after entry. No artwork may be substituted.
4. All artwork must be priced for sale.
5. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, September 24, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by September 29, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
1. All Shipped work must arrive at the gallery between October 12 and October 29, 2018. Shipping address is Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 (UPS and Fedex are our preferred carriers). The artist assumes all responsibility for insuring artwork against shipping damage or loss. Please do not use Styrofoam popcorn packing. Artists will be responsible for delivery and return shipping of all their artwork. All work must be gallery ready for installation.
2. Work can be hand delivered to Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 by artist or artist’s agent on Monday October 29 & Tuesday October 30, 2018 12:00-5:00 P.M. Hand-delivered works must be removed by artist or artist’s agent. - see paragraph on Hand Removal below.
RETURN: - Shipped work must be packaged in a reusable container. A prepaid label for its return must be enclosed. Shipping address Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215. The gallery accepts no responsibility damages in shipping or work left in the gallery after pick up date.
HAND REMOVAL: Hand-delivered artwork must be picked up Monday December 17 and Tuesday December 18 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any work not removed during this specified time will be stored for a month at the rate of $5.00 a day and disposed of in accordance with NYS law.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS: Site:Brooklyn reserves the right to reject and return work that is late.
LIABILITY: Site:Brooklyn is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking the work. Every precaution will be taken in handling the work, but Site:Brooklyn assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
SALES, COMMISSIONS: Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to [email protected]
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork into the “Mixed Media” Exhibition, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.