CALL FOR ENTRY
ALTERED REALITIES: FALL BENEFIT EXHIBITION
Exhibition Length: September 14 – November 4, 2017
Application Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2017 at midnight
Maryland Art Place (MAP) is accepting applications to exhibit in Altered Realities, MAP’s Annual Fall Benefit Exhibition.
This exhibition will open Thursday, September 14 and will be on display at Maryland Art Place through Saturday, November 4, 2017.
Altered Realities focuses on uncanny interpretations of the everyday experience. Artists are encouraged to submit works of art that subvert the viewer’s perspectives literally or metaphorically. MAP is seeking to showcase artworks of all mediums with a preference towards submissions using technology and virtual reality (VR). On October 28th, MAP will host a ticketed masquerade ball in partnership with Philathropik (philanthropik.org) where the exhibition will be highlighted.
General Guidelines & Information
• There is no size requirement for this exhibition
• Artwork drop off will take place September 5 – 9, 2017
• All proceeds from artwork sales will be split 50/50 with the artists Benefits to the artist:
The selected artist will benefit in the following ways:
• 1 free ticket to the fall benefit ($100 value)
• Artist’s name highlighted by Maryland Art Place on website, social media & press release
• Biographical information included in the exhibition
To apply please see the following application and required attachments:
Please send your application to [email protected] by midnight on Monday , July 24, 2017 Application Fee: $10 for non-MAP members. This call is free for members. Submit your fee by clicking on “Get Involved”, “Donate” on MAP’s website and simply adjust the fee to $10. Please attach your payment receipt to your application.
Checks can be made payable to: Maryland Art Place | c/o Benefit | 218 West Saratoga Street Baltimore, MD 21201