To all our wonderful friends and supporters, thank you! If you haven’t done so already, there is still time to include GBCA in your year-end contributions. You can make a donation here. As 2019 comes to a close I'd like to share with you some of the accomplishments and new initiatives we are particularly proud of from this past year. Of course, these are in addition to all the services and programs you have come to expect and rely on from GBCA. This year we:
- Created a Field School to expand Urban Arts Leadership with an ArtWorks grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Implemented new JobsPlus listing requirements that are recognized as best practices for more equitable hiring.
- Launched an online “Universal Baltimore Theatre Season Guide” featuring over 70 regional performances.
- Created the Limelight series of articles, interviews, photo stories, and videos featuring over 30 artists and organizations.
- Premiered the Third Friday Equity Conversations, a small group convening open to the public to explore issues such as immigration and Confederate Monuments.
- Celebrated the Tenth Anniversary of the Baker Artist Portfolio and to date awarded over $900,000 to artists.
And you, our members and generous supporters made all this happen. Thank you for your ongoing love.
Thank you also to everyone who came out last night for the GBCA Holiday Happy Hour. I am sorry to have missed seeing you. There are few things that could have kept me away, and stomach flu is one of them.
As you continue your holiday celebrations, be sure to check out GBCA’s special listing of holiday cultural events. I look forward to seeing you again soon, both happy and healthy in the coming months.
P.S. Artists! It’s not too late to create or refine your Baker Artist Portfolio, but the deadline is in three days! We want you to be included in this very special representation of creative excellence in Baltimore.