THE URBAN ARTS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
THE 2014-2015 FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Urban Arts Leadership Program (UALP) diversifies and strengthens administrative leadership in cultural organizations by connecting emerging professionals to training and resources that will help position them as leaders. The Program will provide information and organizational placement that will help participants develop new and expanded skills and networks. It is open to all applicants with a particular focus on serving emerging leaders of color.
The development of UALP has been guided by community input and the participation of more than 30 administrators from partnering arts organizations. The UALP Professional Development Intensives are an immediate response to the needs of emerging arts professionals in Baltimore.
- For the 2014-15 training year, a cohort of up to ten fellows will be selected for the program.
- Fellows will participate in up to ten weekend intensives, which will begin in October. Weekend Intensives’ topics will include, but are not limited to: Professional networking strategies; Fundraising tactics/how to write a grant; Professional etiquette; Resume/CV preparation; Team building and group dynamics; Financial literacy for individuals and organizations; Effective community engagement.
- The following dates have already been scheduled for the UALP weekend intensives, but are subject to change. The intensives will run Fridays from 6:30pm - 9:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am - 6:00pm:
- October 31 - November 1, 2014
- November 7 - November 8, 2014
- November 14 - November 15, 2014
- December 5 - December 6, 2014
- December 12 - December 13, 2014
- December 19 - December 20, 2014
- January 9 - January 10, 2015
- January 16 - January 17, 2015
- January 23 - January 24, 2015
- March 13 - March 14, 2015
- Partnering with regional arts organizations, UALP fellows will also spend three to six months in up to two culture-based organizations working on meaningful projects that advance the work of the host organization as well as build the fellows’ professional skillset. Fellows will begin fellowship placements in Feburary 2015 and will conclude all work within organizaitons in July 2015.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE 2014-15 UALP PROGRAM, APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT 20 HOURS PER WEEK FOR THE DURATION OF THE PROGRAM AND BE ABLE TO ATTEND ALL WEEKEND INTENSIVES.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR FELLOWSHIP APPLICANTS:
FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE DUE AT NOON ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 6th, 2014.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS:
PARTNER ORGANIZATION APPLICATIONS ARE DUE AT NOON ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2014.
Questions regarding 2014-15 Urban Arts Leadership Program and the 2014-15 Fellowship and/or Partner Organization applications should be directed to[email protected].