The Baltimore Museum of Art seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Annual Giving as part of an Advancement Annual Giving team. The ideal candidate will have experience in focused strategizing, designing, and executing communications and benefits for members and annual donors to the museum.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving collaborates with colleagues in the Advancement Division and across the institution including the senior leadership team. This position reports to the Director of Annual Giving.
Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Working as a member of the annual giving team, to formulate strategies and implementation of plans to achieve fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with the advancement staff and key staff members in curatorial, education, and marketing to develop successful donor strategies.
- Identify of prospects, cultivating positive relationships, and often directly soliciting donations to move individual donors strategically through the pipeline.
- Staff the Annual Giving Board Committee as well as museum Friends Groups.
- Assist in logistics planning and day-of event management with the Assistant Director of Advancement Events for BMA Council events, Friends Group events, and other Development events as needed.
- Supervise the Donor Services Coordinator and work with the Advancement Services team on data entry and record management as appropriate.
Baltimore Museum of Art
Assistant Director Annual Giving
Job Submission Requirements:
• 4-year undergraduate degree or professional experience equivalent
• 5+ years progressively responsible experience in fund raising
• Integral knowledge and involvement with a donor/contact management system (i.e. Blackbaud or similar) •
• Excellent communication and presentation skills •
• Adept at developing strong relationships •
• Strong knowledge in MS Office suite •
• Exceptional time management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription, 403b retirement plan, long term disability, flexible spending account, flexible and condensed scheduling, museum and restaurant discounts, and reduced fee gym membership. We also offer accrued vacation, holidays, personal days, floating holidays, and sick days.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]
with “Assistant Director Annual Giving” your first and last name in the subject line.
Incomplete application materials will not be considered.
Position will be posted until filled.
No phone calls please.