Baltimore Rock Opera Society returns to the stage! The Shadow Showdown is our newest LIVE production of three shadow puppet-driven stories! Think light is cool? Pffft, it can't even figure out if it's a particle or a wave. Shadows are where it's at, and we're gonna show you what they can really do.
Remember live theater? That's what this will be! Three brand-new original stories with live actors, puppeteers, and a 5-piece rock band playing original tunes. In order to safely host an audience for a live show, the Shadow Showdown will be BROS' first outdoor production at The Meadow in downtown Baltimore. Bring a blanket or a lawn chair and enjoy some live art on a beautiful summer evening!
Tickets are only $20, OR you can get the Firmware Upgrade ticket for only $28, which comes with a special grab bag of toys and gizmos to use during the show! Enhance your viewing pleasure (a la Rocky Horror Picture Show) by getting one for your party or for each person for the maximum upgrade!
The BROS Shadow Showdown will feature the following stories:
Theydies and Gentlethem, Children of the New Millennium! Shake off the ordinary dust of your work-a-day life and be transformed. Step up and watch your wildest dreams, for nothing is quite as it seems in the Circus Ouroborus Three Ring Show. Prepare to be catapulted into a world of unforeseen dangers and forbidden delights in this tale of a Girl, a Bear, and breaking free.
THE LEGEND OF DEMON SPERM
Jen and Dobie play in a small band in a small town, but dream of greatness. It's too bad they continuously get in their own way, that is until their new drummer Kerry discovers a hidden clue that will allow them to resurrect rock legend Clarion Vindicta, lead singer of legendary band Demon Sperm, who was imprisoned by the insufferable SQUARES that seek to destroy everything heavy metal. Can Jen, Dobie, and Kerry solve the mystery of Demon Sperm and achieve rock greatness?
A fleet of factory automatons develop empathy for the human workers that they replaced after an AI upgrade. In an act of rebellion, they begin building items that they think the laid-off humans would have enjoyed, but their imperfect understanding of human needs leads to unexpected results. Maybe if they learn more about these humans, they could make what they need...
COVID NOTICE: ALL ATTENDEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING FROM OTHER GROUPS AND WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES.
- No concessions will be served.
- The Meadow is a large, open grassy area between Marion St. and W. Fayette.
- Seating is not provided. Please bring either a blanket or chairs with you to enjoy the show.
- The Meadow is accessible by wheelchair but the viewing area will be on a mowed grassy lawn. Message [email protected] with any accessibility concerns so our front-of-house staff can be ready to help.
- There is street parking available around The Meadow as well as a paid parking garage at 213 W. Fayette St.
- The closest bus stop is at the corner of W. Fayette and N. Howard St.
- Alternate dates will be scheduled in the event of rain.