SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS PART TIME
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
This position works closely with the Managing Director/Marketing Director to support the continued success of the PR/Marketing Department. The PR/Marketing Department is responsible for all public relations and communications for the organization. This includes developing marketing strategies and the promotion of Single Carrot Theatre productions and projects through targeted marketing campaigns, advertisements, email, social media, fliers, postcards, and other means; supporting the Development Department to disseminate fundraising campaigns; pursuing PR and media opportunities; and sharing stories about Single Carrot programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate is organized, but flexible, and able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- assisting with developing social media strategy
- implementing social media plans and maintaining all social media accounts
- maintaining and updating customer resource management system with relevant patron information
- poster and postcard distribution
- assisting with mailings & flier creation
- assisting with website upkeep
- some copy writing and editing
- marketing and target research
- general marketing assistance
- box office support
- other office support as needed
- Bachelors degree
- Some background in the arts or theatre
- Experience running a social media campaign
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Command of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Word Press preferred
- Knowledge of graphic design, video and photo editing a plus
- Experience with PatronManager preferred
Salary & Benefits Package
- This position is 20 hours/week
- $10-12/hr based on experience
- Healthcare benefits available
Single Carrot Theatre is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
ABOUT SINGLE CARROT THEATRE
The Single Carrot Theatre ensemble is a driving force for theatrical innovation in Baltimore—championing new, diverse, and socially significant works; reinvigorating the classics; creating vibrant theatrical experiences; and fiercely supporting the growth of artists.
Formed at the University of Colorado in 2005, Single Carrot Theatre moved to Baltimore in 2006. Now entering its 9th full season, Single Carrot theatre has produced 36 mainstage productions, participated in numerous collaborative endeavors with area nonprofits, offered extensive educational programming for both children and adults and engaged in international exchanges with theatre artists from Russia and Bulgaria. Single Carrot Theatre moved to a permanent home in January 2014. Firmly planted in Baltimore, Single Carrot Theatre has made it a priority to be a part of the community and to engage and empower Baltimore’s residents through theatre.
Single Carrot Theatre is an ensemble based theatre company where the artists of the organization also function as the administrative staff. Each ensemble member has voting rights and is actively involved in any big picture decisions and creation of new policy.