Young Audiences/Arts for Learning, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The MD affiliate Young Audiences/Arts for Learning (YA) has grown steadily over the past decade, resulting in a $7M budget, with 30 staff, more than 400 independent contractors and providing more than 12,000 programs to 170,000 students each year. YA is a mission-driven organization that values community, innovation, and passion. The staff, board, and teaching artists have a shared commitment to advance equity in the field of education by working tirelessly to generate opportunities for students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
The Program Assistant position is a full time, exempt position, providing support to the Program Department, while reporting to the Chief Program Officer. This person must be able to effectively manage a portfolio of recurring daily tasks, annual projects, and last-minute assignments. This position plays a key role in the organization, and therefore must possess excellent organization, communication, and customer service skills, along with an ability to effectively collaborate within and across departments. The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing equitable opportunities for youth to realize their full potential and value the arts as a transformational tool in our
schools and communities.
- Enter all data for artist programs into scheduling software (Salesforce), and create and distribute program contracts/invoices to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Track all paperwork related to state, county, and city-funded programming, and ensure their timely and accurate submission.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and provide logistical support to the program department.
- Assist in answering and routing phone calls, as a member of the organization’s Phone Team.
- Organize, file, and maintain department files, databases, and documents.
- Collaborate with the YA staff as needed on special projects.
- Assemble residency and professional development packets and other materials (nametags, binders, etc.).
- Assist Chief Program Officer in maintaining communication with partners and manage calendaring, when needed.
- Serve as the liaison between YA and the Maryland State Arts Council Program Department for assembly and residency programs.
- Assemble orientation packets and outreach materials for coordinators as needed.
- Take and disseminate notes during weekly Coordinator meetings.
- Serve on the Artist Auditions Task Force; assist by managing planning and logistics.
- Manage events, including hospitality coordination.
- Coordinate Fingerprinting/Background Check process.
- Support summer programming as needed, including both SummerREADS and Summer Arts & Learning Academy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate would hold these professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A passion for the arts, arts integration, and the role of teaching artists/community artists in education.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias, and its impact on policies and practices, especially related to the administration of public education.
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills, as well as have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage a portfolio of recurring daily tasks, annual projects, and last-minute assignments.
- Experience with data entry and proficiency in both Microsoft Office and Google Suite is required; knowledge of Salesforce and Asana are preferred.
We offer an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision health care coverage, retirement contributions, paid sick leave and vacation time.
For consideration, please use this link: https://www.yamd.org/join-us/internship-and-employment-opportunities/pro... to apply. Please do not send or include headshots or photos of yourself; no phone calls or recruiters. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.