The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is seeking a Manager of Events & Engagement to manage the development and execution of a comprehensive cultivation, fundraising and stewardship event and engagement program. The position will advance the institution’s fundraising goals by ensuring positive, consistent and meaningful engagement and mutually rewarding relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers and partners. This position requires a nuanced understanding of fundraising and donor relations as well as experience developing and managing a full range of events; and, collaborating with inside and outside teams to create a wide variety of guest interactions.
We are looking for someone who loves creating unique experiences that engage, empower, and inspire our donors and prospective donors to get closer to the music, the musicians and the organization. This person is artistically curious, excited about the opportunity to pitch innovative ideas, implement new strategies, and creatively solve challenges. This person is able to strategize, set and meet goals, be proactive, and who has meticulous attention to detail in the completion of tasks. This person is a master collaborator and steward – able to work effectively within a team, across departments, and build positive relationships with vendors, partners and donors/patrons alike, even in times of high stress and high productivity.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overall responsibility for logistics and coordination of the Annual BSO Gala Celebration.
- In coordination with Development Directors and Vice President, create, plan for and lead the successful execution of an annual member/donor special events calendar, analyzing the BSO’s historic member engagement and benefit fulfillment practices as well as offering creative ideas for enhanced and new events that maximize the organization’s creative and physical assets as well as local partnerships. Events may include but are not limited to: open rehearsals; on-stage rehearsals; pre- and post-concert events, receptions, tours and meet and greets.
- In calendar planning and execution, collaborating with BSO at Strathmore colleagues to support a similarly exciting schedule of activities and events at that venue
- Oversee the Governing Members Lounge experience and offerings, donor lists and catering orders at the Meyerhoff.
- Support the Development team in the coordination and execution of special events for sponsors and committee meetings.
For all the above:
- Serve as the official Development representative and on-site point person at events
- Prepare event budgets and financial reports; accountable for staying within or under budget and meeting revenue goals
- Manage inter-departmental collaboration, ensuring consistency and quality and timely dissemination of event details to all BSO departments.
- Compose written communications, develop invitations, create event programs, prepare event program scripts, briefings, and participant remarks (as needed) and create and/or obtain donor awards and recognitions
- Manage all event-related vendor relationships and event planning responsibilities to ensure successful execution of events
- Supervise the data entry, as well as monitor and analyze donor and prospect participation in events, including ROI
- When in the office, answer and return calls on the events and membership hotlines.
- Coordinate with Marketing to strategize mutually beneficial audience/donor development and relations activities; and, coordinate communications for event invitations and reminders
- Work independently and with graphic design to create event invitations, mailers and emails.
- Coordinate with the BSO Artistic team in securing guest speakers, musicians and artists.
- Coordinate execution of VIP ticketing for all top-level donors and BSO senior staff.
- Coordinate with the BSO Operations team to ensure event logistics and set up requirements are entered into Arts Vision.
- Attend monthly BSO Event Staff Meetings.
$30,000 - $40,000 $40,000 - $50,000
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
Events & Engagement Manager
Job Submission Requirements:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to Allison Burr-Livingstone, Vice President of Development at [email protected]
Please put the title of the job position in the subject line of your email. No calls or fax please.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• The BSO offers a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits to all full-time employees including:
o Health insurance – two options to choose from (HMO or PPO High Deductible); all at low cost to the employee
o Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid 100% by the BSO
o Generous paid time off, including annual, personal, and sick leave
o A 403(b) plan
o Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts, including Medical and Dependent Care
o Employee Assistance Program
o Free and / or discounted tickets to BSO concerts