Port Discovery Children's Museum provides experiences that ignite imagination, inspire learning, and nurture growth through play. We are currently looking for talented, friendly and outgoing Box Office Associates.
This is a part-time position offering about 20-25 hours weekly, and requires availability to work on SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS.
Summary of Position:
Box Office Associate will serve as the first point of contact for all guests who visit the museum and is responsible for upholding the highest degree of customer service. Responsibilities include greeting and directing guests, selling museum admissions, as well as maintaining and updating the ticketing software database. We are looking for someone that is outgoing, likes interacting with people, and has good attention to detail. Additional responsibilities will include soliciting and managing group sales via the phone. The successful candidate must have the ability to anticipate and respond quickly and effectively and to enact sound judgment in respect to guest needs, questions, and expectations.
Port Discovery is seeking individuals who are:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative, dependable and flexible
- Problem solvers
- Calm under pressure and have excellent communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College minded individuals preferred.
- 1-3 years’ cash handling experience required.
- Computer experience required.
- Excellent verbal communication required.
- Proven customer service training and skills a plus.
- Experience with children and / or a theatre background a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check
This is an entry-level position, with a starting rate of $11.00 per hour. We can provide convenient schedules and shifts for college students.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:
- Convenient location next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking
- Free admission to the Museum for family
- Earned time off for sick leave
- Retirement savings with Museum match after 6 months
If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, then please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
No phone calls please. Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Port Discovery Children’s Museum
As the premier children’s museum in the mid-Atlantic, Port Discovery Children’s Museum educates children and inspires life-long curiosity. Our play-to-learn philosophy opens the door for children to discover and explore the world around them and to lead smarter, healthier, more engaged lives. The Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution, offers 3 floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs and is ranked among the Top 10 Children’s Museums in the United States by Fodor’s Travel, Forbes and Parents Magazine. To learn more, visit www.portdiscovery.org.