Baltimore Center Stage seeks an Assistant Company Manager to join a dynamic (and often hilarious) artistic team. The ACM collaborates with the Company Manager to support the artistic services function of the organization. This is a full-time, temporary position for the remainder of the 19/20 season (June 15, 2020). The position is not currently filled. Our intention is to have someone in place no later than January 6, 2020.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Work closely with Company Manager and Director of Artistic Producing to:
- Manage and coordinate travel and housing arrangements for all guest artists
- Coordinate with Facilities to maintain BCS housing
- Curate memorable, joy-filled experiences for guest artists
- Track and reconcile department spending
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally
- Serve as emergency on-call contact for guest artists 1-2 nights per week
Key Competencies, Skills, and Experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Strong hospitality and interpersonal skills
- Cultural competence; an ability to interact effectively with people across different cultures, backgrounds, and identities
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities and pivot focus to respond quickly to emergent matters
- Solution-oriented thinking
Weekly hours for this position can be somewhat variable due to the demands of the production calendar, but 40 hours at an hourly rate of $17.50 is guaranteed. Some nights and weekends are required.
Under the leadership of Executive Director Michael Ross and Artistic Director Stephanie Ybarra, BCS produces a wide range of artistic, learning, and community programs. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.