As a vital part of the Guest Services Department and Port Discovery team, Museum Experience Associates are responsible for providing guests with an excellent, memorable experience, stellar customer service, and supporting the Museum’s mission and educational philosophy. As a member of our team, you’ll support playful learning and discovery through meaningful interaction with children and adults, ignite imaginations, and promote the power of play in children through hands-on experiences.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is one of the top Children’s Museums in the United States and a top cultural institution in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Our mission is to educate children through play and to inspire life-long learning. This is an exciting time to join our team as we re-imagine the Museum through new world class exhibits, which just opened this past summer.
Port Discovery is seeking individuals who are:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative, dependable and flexible
- Passionate about play and making a difference in children’s lives and the community
- Comfortable engaging with parents and children of multiple age groups
- Calm under pressure and have excellent communication skills
- Embody Port Discovery’s educational and guest services philosophy through positive and proactive customer service interactions
- Enthusiastically greet and engage with children and families throughout the museum to promote the power of play and a fun learning experience
- Support and provide information regarding museum activities, programs, and events
- Assist in quality control and maintenance of exhibit areas according to our safety, security, and cleanliness procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- One-year experience working or volunteering with children in an educational, arts, recreational or theatrical setting
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children and adults in a welcoming, friendly, outgoing, and professional manner
- Strong customer service skills
- A background in theater, arts or education is a huge plus
- Ability to express ideas clearly and present information effectively to museum guests
- Ability to work a flexible, variable schedule, including some holidays, evenings and weekend days
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively in crowded settings
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must be 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check
This is an entry-level position, with a starting rate of $11.00 per hour. The position offers up to 29 hours per week; we can provide convenient schedules and shifts for college students.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:
- Convenient location next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking
- Free admission to the Museum for family
- Earned time off for sick leave
- Retirement savings with Museum match after 6 months
We will also provide you with a memorable experience of being part of a world-class institution, the ability for you to be a key ingredient in our creative and informal programming, and the opportunity to experience our unique job-related training. Bring us your enthusiasm and passion!
Send us your resume and cover letter, and let’s start this journey together!
Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.