● Responsible for accurately and efficiently maintaining the integrity of the museum’s Altru database, along with managing all aspects of the database and assisting with related projects.
● Works with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop an annual membership marketing plan to acquire and retain individual and or corporate members. Works with the Marketing and Communications Manager to assure website capabilities and content related to membership are current, aligned, and optimized in support of museum objectives.
● Employs contemporary outreach methods including but not limited to use of web-based media, direct mail, on-site and web site marketing, social media campaigns, and personal solicitation.
● Serves as primary POC for all membership needs.
● Produces regular reports, processes weekly and monthly mailings, membership processing and other outreach campaigns.
● Develops and performs database audits to ensure the integrity and security of all biographical information, transaction records, and museum shop inventory.
● Develops procedure manual; provide consistent review and evaluation of all data processes to ensure the most effective and efficient procedures are in place; and familiarize staff with current practices and procedures.
● Oversees duplicate records management; performs quality control measures. Assists in training new employees on Altru processes and resources, and trains staff to utilize the new features in Altru under the guidelines of best practices.
● Represents the membership program at various events and at presentations in the community.
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact positively with a wide variety of people. Outgoing personality. Excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail and accuracy essential. Reliable and able to work independently and to apply judgment in a variety of situations. Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other database programs, preferably Altru. Minimum: B.A. or B.S. degree required. Museum experience preferred.
Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture
Membership and Database Manager
Job Submission Requirements:
Competitive salary. Full-time position with state benefits. Please send cover letter, resume, three professional references and desired salary via email or mail to: MAAMC, 830 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, Attn: Human Resources. No phone calls please