NOW HIRING: PART TIME MARKETING SPECIALIST
The Chesapeake Arts Center (CAC) is seeking a candidate for the Marketing Specialist / Graphic Artist position, available immediately. The successful candidate for this role will also be responsible for creating and implementing marketing activities to increase sales and engagement by new and existing CAC audiences. S/he will be responsible for a variety of tasks that allow for the successful development, completion, and tracking of planned marketing programs and campaigns. Will create and coordinate written content and graphic design for marketing materials and advertisements. Have exceptional communication skills for written, graphical, or oral communication.
If you would like to be a part of a growing community arts center just outside of Baltimore and share your love of the arts with an enthusiastic team, the Chesapeake Arts Center would love to hear from you!
We are currently accepting resumes from interested candidates.
ORGANIZATIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing and Sales
• Support the mission, vision, values and standards of behavior of The Chesapeake Arts Center’s organization;
• Develop and execute grassroots marketing strategies to generate interest in and sales for CAC events, classes, performances , and venue brand awareness;
• Prepare weekly email blast for upcoming events and classes. Including dedicated email blasts when needed;
• Plan and create engaging content for CAC’s social media platforms to drive sales and engagement;
• Manage and update all CAC web content; build and maintain upcoming events information through Showare software ticketing system to display on web site; update the CAC blog;
• Book and design all CAC advertising to support programs and CAC’s brand;
• Monitor and analyze CAC sales statistics to determine needed marketing strategies to increase sales;
• Monitor competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline; Community/Public Relations
• Create and distribute press releases, PSAs, media pitches for upcoming events and classes;
• Coordinate distribution of printed materials in the community;
• Seek out and coordinate staffing for booth presence at community events;
• Build and maintain relationships with local media and community influencers;
• Create/Coordinate PR opportunities;
• Populate area community calendars with CAC’s programming content;
• Oversee participation in and proactively seek opportunities to promote the CAC events and classes Publications/Materials
• Create Flyers, Posters and other Marketing materials to promote CAC activities;
• Ensure distribution or delivery of CAC marketing materials to key targets;
• Work closely with the Education Coordinator to develop content for catalog production;
• Produce promotional materials and ads as needed for CAC activities Other Duties
• Assist with Gallery installs or receptions when needed;
• Assist with special events, performances, or other CAC activities as needed;
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field and or equivalent experience;
• 3+ year’s relevant experience, including prior experience in the nonprofit or arts sectors.
• Previous experience with constant contact or other email marketing platforms
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with extensive knowledge of Web and
• Knowledge of multiple social media platforms.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite;
• Graphic design experience a plus
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to make executive decisions.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision; self-starter; creative thinker; flexible and adaptive
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and creativity in an environment with limited resources.
• Genuine desire to support the organizational mission
• Able to work evenings or weekends if needed for an event
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
• Part Time, Monday-Friday; approximately 25 hours/week ( Hours: 10 am-3pm; weekend if needed for event)
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Holidays Paid Off ( When it falls on a weekday)
• Please email cover letter, resume, salary history, and three professional references to the Artistic Director no later than 6:00 PM ET, Friday, July 5, 2019; No phone calls. Email: Attn Nicole Caracia, [email protected]
• Finalists for the position will be subject to a criminal background check, and will also be asked to design a Marketing plan and poster for an upcoming event.
Job Type: Part time with the opportunity to grow to full-time Work Location: Chesapeake Arts Center; 194 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn Park, MD 21225