Job Title: Summer Avenger
Classification: Full Time, Non-exempt, Temporary
Reports to: Education Director
Date Revised: May 6, 2019
Compensation: The position is temporary but full time at 40 hours per week for 8 weeks. The position pays $30/hr.
Start Date: June 17 2019
Overview: Creative Alliance’s Summer Employment Teen Council program is a part of the Southeast Youth Collaborative (SEYC), a group of ten organizations. In partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development’s YouthWorks program, these organizations provide meaningful work experience, employment training, enrichment, and community engagement for older youth living in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
The Summer Avenger’s role is to manage a group of 12 Teen Council members and serve their supervisor for five weeks. They must be able to clearly express themselves orally and in written format in English and in Spanish. Summer Avenger will also thoughtfully plan, implement, and be able to multi-task various projects.
- Work with CA Education staff to develop Teen Council program goals, curriculum and weekly action plans
- Supervise twelve Teen Council members, who work between 9 am and 3 pm, with a one hour lunch break, Monday through Friday. On Fridays, Teen Council members will participate in the Southeast Youth Collaborative summer service project through the facilitation of The Intersection
- Schedule and plan fieldtrips Mondays to Thursdays
- Participate in Southeast Youth Collaborative meetings and trainings
- Provide Teen Council attendance reports and journals
- Participate in administering job and life skills curriculum, enrichment activities, and field trips
- Collect daily attendance and pre/post program survey data and evaluations from the YouthWorkers
- Maintain up-to-date CPR and First Aid training certification for the duration of the summer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Master’s degree
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Minimum two-years experience in leading multicultural groups of youth in service-learning and community service projects
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Excellent knowledge of Southeast Baltimore
- Experience leading teenagers and/or high-school students in traditional or non-traditional settings
- Minimum one-year experience organizing youth-led projects and groups in Baltimore/Baltimore County
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Submit to and pass a background check
How to Apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Maria Aldana, Education Director: [email protected]
Deadline: The position will be open until filled.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.