GBCA creates equity and opportunity In, Through, and For arts and culture in Greater
▪ Who do we serve? We serve Artists; and Arts, Cultural, and Humanities
▪ How do we serve? We provide services that create opportunity In, Through,
and For the arts.
▪ Where do we serve? We serve Baltimore and the five surrounding counties
with a focus on Baltimore City and County.
Artists, and arts, cultural and humanities organizations are valued:
▪ as essential contributors to the social fabric and human spirit of Baltimore;
▪ for their contributions to equitable education, economy, and opportunity;
▪ as problem-solving partners to government and business; and
▪ for both their inherent worth and their power to create change.
Equity, inclusion, access, and justice can be advanced in, and through, arts and culture.
The sector is stronger together and can take collective action.
The dignity of a broad, complex spectrum of human creative expression must be recognized and respected.
The history, evolution, resilience, and aesthetics of Baltimore provide a context for and inform the allocation of GBCA’s resources.